RIPTIDES is LIVE!!


RIPTIDES is live!


The fifth book in the Lengths series, RIPTIDES is live! (Fifth book?? has it really only been just over a year since Lengths came out? Wowza!) 


I know we say this after each of the books in the series, but Riptides may be my favorite installment of the crew from Silver Strand. Steph and I hope you'll check it out, and if you do, consider leaving a review on your favorite site! 


You can find RIPTIDES on Amazon USAmazon UK and Barnes & Noble
Right now, kobo is a big question mark,but iTunes will be live soon! :)





I know I've said it 1,000 times, but seriously, one of the best parts of this author-gig is meeting so many rad people that I probably wouldn't have connected with otherwise.(Readers, other authors, PR reps, agents...the list of awesome goes on!) 

One of my fav contemporary romance authors, and all-around adorable human being is CORA CARMACK, and when Steph & I realized we're sharing a release date for the newest book in the Lengths SeriesRIPTIDES, and Cora's latest book, FINDING IT , we thought it'd be fun to meet up and celebrate! 

But since we can't actually do that, the next best thing was to interview each other. 

So! Here's the lovely Cora Carmack!
(Okay, so this is really the lovely Steph Campbell AND Cora, but after this it's all her!)
STEPH & LIZ: 
You recently relocated from Texas to New York. 
I read that one of your first nights there, your new building caught fire. 
What’d you grab on your way down the fire escape?

CORA: Baha. Yes, that was my grand welcome to New York. I didn’t hear the alarm at first. It didn’t go off in my apartment, and my TV was too loud for me to hear the general building alarm. I started smelling smoke, but didn’t think anything of it. Eventually, I noticed that there were people outside on the sidewalk and put two and two together. I laid my hand against the door (thanks Elementary field trips for teaching me that), and it wasn’t hot. But when I opened the door, the smoke was thick enough that I couldn’t see anything. I closed the door again, threw on my shoes, shoved my phone in my pocket and my computer in my purse. Then I snatched up my cat (who was luckily asleep or she no doubt would have ran off just to spite me), and exited into the smoke. It was pretty terrifying, but luckily there was nothing more than smoke damage.

S&L: 
You wrote an Angry Girl-- Max in Faking It. We have our own version in LENGTHS--Whit.***SPOILER ALERT*** Both are trying to lose their past’s after the grief of the loss of their sibling proves too much to handle. They both move away from their families, get tattoo’s and find their own version of a good guy that loves them fiercely. Do you think Max and Whit could ever be friends, or is that just too much boldness for one room?


CORA: I think they could TOTALLY be friends. In fact, I think they’d be a force to be reckoned with. I think Max would actually love the challenge. Once they gave each other a hard time, I think they’d end up fast friends. And all the men in their lives would be in for a wild ride. :)

S&L: 
If you could set up any of your own characters with a character 
from another author's book, which characters would they be?

CORA: Ooo… that’s a good question. SECRET TIME. I have a major thing for Draco Malfoy. What can I say? I like a bad boy in need of redemption. So, he can just have whichever of my characters he wants (and me… he can totally have me).

*nerd alert* :)

S&L: 
Which of your characters do you think you are the most like?

CORA: I’m a mix between Max and Bliss. My sense of humor and my perspective are closest to Max. But Bliss’s awkwardness and her over-active mind are totally me. 

S&L: 
One word to describe yourself?

CORA: Antithetical.

I’m a walking contradiction most days.

S&L: 
If you could go back in time and give teenage Cora one piece of advice, 
what would it be?


CORA: Honestly, I wouldn't change a thing because it all led me to where I am. So, I think I would just tell myself to keep going. All the hard work will pay off. 

S&L:
Thanks for stopping by, Cora! And congrats on another stellar release! 

If you haven't scooped up her companion series beginning with LOSING IT, you really must! And be sure to grab FINDING IT tomorrow, October 15!

You can find Cora on her blogTwitterFacebook and Goodreads! 






Cora Carmack is a twenty-something writer who likes to write about twenty-something characters. She's done a multitude of things in her life-- boring jobs (like working retail), Fun jobs (like working in a theatre), stressful jobs (like teaching), and dream jobs (like writing). She enjoys placing her characters in the most awkward situations possible, and then trying to help them get a boyfriend out of it. Awkward people need love, too. Her first book, LOSING IT, is a New York Times and USA Today bestseller.

Popular Posts